You may already know her, Oprah Winfrey, one woman the world will ever remain grateful for using her talk show to reveal deeper issues in life.
Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighbourhood.
Her biography state that she was molested during her childhood and early teens and became pregnant at 14. Her son died in infancy.
Later, she was sent to live with the man she calls her father, a barber in Tennessee, Winfrey landed a job in radio while still in high school and began co-anchoring the local evening news at the age of 19.
Her ability to express herself eventually got her transferred to the daytime talk show arena, and after boosting a third-rated local Chicago talk show to first place, she launched her own production company and became internationally syndicated.
She was the host of The Oprah Winfrey Show from 1986–2011, a talk show were she discusses from inspirational stories of ordinary persons to interviews with celebrities and self-help advisers, on purpose to help people live there best life.
She is one of the richest women in the world, with a net worth of US$ 2.6 billion (2020)
These 10 quotes from her will change the way you look at your past experiences.
1. “Being human means you will make mistakes. And you will make mistakes, because failure is God’s way of moving you in another direction”. -Oprah Winfrey
2. “If friends disappoint you over and over, that’s in large part your own fault. Once someone has shown a tendency to be self-centered, you need to recognize that and take care of yourself; people aren’t going to change simply because you want them to”. -Oprah Winfrey
3. “ True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience”. -Oprah Winfrey
4. “Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don’t fight them. Just find a new way to stand”.
5. “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are”.
6. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment” -Oprah Winfrey
7. “Turn your wounds into wisdom” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
9. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.”- Oprah Winfrey
10. “One of the hardest things in life to learn are which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.”- Oprah Winfrey
What do you think, which of this is your best pick?
Emmanuel Onyewuchi is a Writer, Digital Marketer, Consultant, Trainer, Founder Digitaltopnotch Academy, Co-Founder Infoflux24.com, he blogs Blogs @ digitaltopnotch.com.
He is also the guy that want kindness, love and peace to go viral.
If he is not writing or creating online courses he is probably watching soccer or learning new things.