How we look at life matters, or our perception towards life determines how we interact and interpret the world around us.
In this post I want to share with us 9 quotes on life issues from the great Wole Soyinka.
Wole Soyinka who goes by the full name Akinwande Oluwole Babatunde is a Nigerian playwright, poet and essayist. He was born on 13 July 1934, and in 1986 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature – the first African to be honoured in that category.
He is one of those whom is believed has found the philosopher stone. His wisdom, whether in politics or life as a whole is like good seeds, which when put in a good soil will always germinate.
Here are 9 thoughtful quotes from him that can inspire you to look at life differently .
1. I don’t know any other way to live but to wake up everyday armed with my convictions, not yielding them to the threat of danger and to the power and force of people who might despise me.
2. And I believe that the best learning process of any kind of craft is just to look at the work of others.
3. You cannot live a normal existence if you haven’t taken care of a problem that affects your life and affects the lives of others; values that you hold which in fact define your very existence.
4. The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism.
5. I think that feeling that if one believed absolutely in any cause, then one must have the confidence, the self-certainty, to go through with that particular course of action.
6. Looking at the faces of people, one gets the feeling that there’s a lot of work to be done.
7. One has a responsibility to clean up one’s space and make it livable as far as one’s own resources go. That includes not only material resources, but psychological resources; the commitment of time and a portion of your mind to something when you’d rather be doing something else.
8. Human life has meaning only to that degree and as long as it is lived in the service of humanity.
9. Books and all forms of writings are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth.
Which is your favourite? Share on the comments section below and feel free to share with friends.